Sunday, December 17, 2006

And I was just thinking

about how I needed to learn more about human anatomy, and how to apply it to figure drawing.

This drawing gave me all sorts of trouble, trying to figure out how the obscured hips and right leg would look, and how the legs would attach.



Lucky for me then that I should stumble upon Riven Phoenix's The Structure of Man - 170 sequential videos freely viewable on YouTube, teaching you classical techniques on how to draw the figure from your mind. A fantastic project! I have a feeling this will become a staple of modern, internet-enabled art instruction. Thank you Riven Phoenix for creating such a valuable resource.

2 comments:

Cheeseburger Brown said...

Dear Mike,

Merry Christmas!

Love,
Cheeseburger Brown

spacejack said...

Thanks Matth! Merry Christmas to you and the family too! And to the other one or two people who might visit this blog :)